St. Nicolas is arriving on a steamship from Spain to ride a white horse on his gift-giving rounds…
St. Nicolas is not arriving on a horse this year, but he will be giving gifts to the children this December 4th!
Did you know that St. Nicolas day is still the main day for gift giving and merrymaking in much of Europe?
Join us and bring your children on December 4th, just before St. Nicolas Day, as we celebrate the big guy!
Why do we celebrate St. Nicolas?
- To learn about the true Santa Claus and Father Christmas: St. Nicolas, a man of faith
- To focus on giving more than receiving: St. Nicolas cared for the needy
- To emphasize small treats and family fun: St. Nicolas loved children
- To offer a spiritual dimension to gift giving
Tickets include: Bags with St. Nicolas chocolate, speculoos, tangerine.
The BCBC is also hosting a St. Nicolas Fundraiser until December 6th, ending this year’s St. Nicolas events with a Closing Party (replacing November Frites Night) at Prenup Pub on December 6th from 6-9 pm.
This is the time of the year when many individuals and corporations bestow their charitable gifts, the BCBC would be honoured if you would consider our traditional St Nicolas Fundraiser in your philanthropic plans.
We hold this fundraiser to support Dr. Luc Mertens and Dr. Matthias Dedobbeleer and the great work they do at the Heart Center and Peter Dirks Lab at SickKids. This initiative will contribute to important advances in child health research. Dr. Mertens and Dr. Dedobbeleer are originally from Belgium and are BCBC members. Our goal this year is to raise $15,000!
You may participate as follows:
- Making a donation on our SickKids Fundraiser Platform
- Offering a prize that will be used for the draw during the closing party on December 6th
- Buying a St. Nicolas chocolate from the Belgian Chocolate Shop in Toronto: Milk or dark chocolate, pictures below: the large one is $19.95, hollow, the small one is $7.95, solid.50% of sales (100% of profits) going to SickKids!
- Books & Comics, Games, Creative Hobbies, Decorations, Educational Notebooks from Il était une fois… and their partner site: https://iletait1fois.leslibraires.ca Enter code: IEUF038and iletait1fois will donate 10% to SickKids! – see notes below.
- Buying baguettes from Franglish Gourmet Food – they will make a donation to SickKids!
- Buying your favorite handcrafted waffles from Lekker – they will make a donation to SickKids!
- Kindly share this information with your friends & colleagues! we need your help to raise the interest and the importance of participating in this event.
- Prizes Donors will receive visibility and recognition on all BCBC online channels (website and social media) and on the events days,
- SickKids donations will receive a tax receipt,
- Raffle tickets will be sold at 1 for $8, 2 for $15 and 3 for $20 on on December 6th, with all proceeds going to the fundraiser.
- Il était une fois… code must be entered on website: iletait1fois.ca in the “gift card – promo code” box, or on partner or on partner site iletait1fois.leslibraires.ca in the comment boxes. Discount terms do not apply to eBook purchases.