This is the time of the year when many individuals and corporations bestow their charitable gifts, the BCBC would be honoured if you would consider our traditional St Nicolas Fundraiser in your philanthropic plans.
We hold this fundraiser to support Dr. Luc Mertens and Dr. Matthias Dedobbeleer and the great work they do at the Heart Center and Peter Dirks Lab at SickKids. This initiative will contribute to important advances in child health research. Dr. Mertens and Dr. Dedobbeleer are originally from Belgium and are BCBC members. Our goal this year is to raise $15,000!
This year the BCBC will host 2 events:
- December 4th from 2-4 pm and will include the presence of St. Nicolas! for children to enjoy. Please stay tuned for further details.
- December 6th from 6-9 pm – Closing Party (replacing November Frites Night) at Prenup Pub.
You may participate as follows:
- Making a donation on our SickKids Fundraiser Platform
- Offering a prize * that will be used for the draw during the closing party on December 6th
- Buying from our local Belgian businesses:
- Buying a St. Nicolas chocolate from the Belgian Chocolate Shop in Toronto: Milk or dark chocolate, pictures below: the large one is $19.95, hollow, the small one is $7.95, solid. 50% of sales (100% of profits) going to SickKids!
- Books & Comics, Games, Creative Hobbies, Decorations, Educational Notebooks from Il était une fois… and their partner site: https://iletait1fois.leslibraires.ca Enter code: IEUF038 and iletait1fois will donate 10% to SickKids! – see notes below.
- Your favorite handcrafted waffles from Lekker
- Kindly share this information with your friends & colleagues! ~ we need your help to raise the interest and the importance of participating in this event.
- Prizes Donors will receive visibility and recognition on all BCBC online channels (website and social media) and on the events days,
- SickKids donations will receive a tax receipt,
- Raffle tickets will be sold at 1 for $8, 2 for $15 and 3 for $20 on December 6th, with all proceeds going to the fundraiser.
- Il était une fois… code must be entered on website: iletait1fois.ca in the “gift card – promo code” box, or on partner or on partner site iletait1fois.leslibraires.ca in the comment boxes. Discount terms do not apply to eBook purchases.